DIY Thrifted Jewelry Organizer

Last week I told you how much I loved my spice jar project. Well, I feel similarly about this one because it also combines thrifting and organization!



If you've followed us a long time, you might remember my golden duck bracelet holders. I still like those guys; but I'm not going to have many flat surfaces in our new bedroom. So, I've been on the hunt for something that would organize my jewelry and hang on a wall.

I found this spoon rack at Feather Your Nest and instantly knew it would be perfect for a DIY Jewelry Organizer.

The wood was in good shape; but I wanted my jewelry to be the focal point. I chose a creamy gray paint called Wet Cement from Martha Stewart Crafts.

 
The soft gray looks quite lovely against the navy walls, too.


I love it when functional items are also decorative. I feel that way about this project. It brightens up the walls and is interesting -- just like the qualities I'd try to find in a piece of art.


The elements in this space are definitely coming together. There is plenty more to do; but I'm so pleased with where it is going!


Have you transformed any thrifted items lately? If so what was it?


Linked to: I Heart Organizing, Remodelaholic, Thrifty Decor Chick, Your Designs This Time, The Makers, Inspiration Link Party, Talented Tuesday, Create and Share DIY and Recipe, Moonlight and Mason Jars, Your Turn to Shine,

Labels: , ,

   ( ) read more " " read more " "